Florida Citizens Property Insurance to Host June 1, 2012 Depopulation Summit in Tampa
Date Published: 05-11-2012
Florida House of Representatives Insurance and Banking Subcommittee Chairman Bryan Nelson and Florida Office of Insurance Regulation General Counsel Belinda Miller will be part of the agenda for Citizens Property Insurance Corporation's ("Citizens") upcoming "Depopulation Summit," scheduled on Friday, June 1, 2012 in Tampa.
Together with Citizens Board of Governors Member John Wortman, Ms. Miller will review the results of Citizens' recent Depopulation Survey. Specifically, the discussion will address:
- Insurers' ability to charge adequate rates
- Availability and cost of reinsurance for assumed business
- Quality and availability of data from Citizens to evaluate policies
- Ability of an insurer to select policies without regard to geographic location
- Loss ratio of the policies to be assumed
A clearinghouse for Citizens applications also will be discussed.
With the goal of helping to better identify challenges and solutions, gain consensus, and create an environment more conducive to depopulation, the event will culminate in the development a list of recommendations to be presented to both Citizens' Board of Governors and the 2013 Florida Legislature.
The Summit will be held at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay Hotel (2900 Bayport Drive, Tampa, FL 33607) from 9:00 a.m. to 12:000 p.m. (noon).
To attend, e-mail RSVPs to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Proposed topics or questions to be addressed at the Summit
The complete agenda is attached for review.
- Sample Agent Decline Letter
- Sample Notice of Assumption and Non Renewal Form
- Sample Opt Out Confirmation Letter
- Southern Fidelity Property & Casualty Opt Out Form - 05/08/2012 Assumption
- Southern Oak Opt Out Form - 05/08/2012 Assumption
- Southern Fidelity Property & Casualty Opt Out Form - 03/06/2012 Assumption
- Southern Oak Opt Out Form - 03/06/2012 Assumption
Should you have any questions or comments, please contact Colodny, Fass, Talenfeld, Karlinsky & Abate.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an email to Brooke Ellis at email@example.com.